Goal 13: Climate Action
We’ve got something exciting to tell you!
Our sustainable face masks now come in two new colours
By hannah rochell
16 october 2020
Face coverings have become a part of our everyday lives, so we thought we offer you a bit of extra variety with our new #TOGETHERMASKs in green and navy. Made from the same double layer of breathable organic cotton as our original masks, which are still available in black and natural, these new colours also represent two of the UN’s Global Goals for sustainable development - Goal 13: Climate Action, and Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals. By wearing one, you will be showing your support for each Goal, and as with all of our masks, you can opt for a bold #TOGETHER logo or our more subtle classic version, as well as additional filters to insert for extra protection.
In addition to being incredibly stylish, reassuringly comfortable and having a minimal impact on the environment, our #TOGETHERMASKs do good in other ways, too. Sales of our masks have helped us to donate 30,000 medical grade face shields to Médecins Sans Frontières, so as well as protecting yourself, you are helping to protect frontline medical workers in areas of world MSF have identified as most in need. For every #TOGETHERMASK sold, we are able to donate another medical grade face shield to MSF.
We’re sure you’re totally up-to-speed with face mask best practice, but just in case, here are a few reminders:
- Always wash your hands before and after putting on a mask.
- Make sure your mask covers your mouth and nose and fits snugly without any gaps.
- Avoid touching or adjusting your mask while using it so make sure it fits comfortably.
- When you take your mask off, remove it from behind and don’t touch the front of your face.
- If you have used a disposable filter remove this first.
- If you put your mask on a surface make sure you clean it afterwards.
- #TOGETHERMASKs are machine washable so either put it in a plastic bag or straight into the machine after use.
Read more about how to wear a face mask here, including top tips on stopping your glasses from steaming up.